As regular readers know, I’m working on a feminist book about parenting. Will you help me write a better, more inclusive project by answering some questions?
This week’s topic: finding allies:
- How have you found allies–people who can help you, hear you, ‘get’ you, support you (whether or not they’re also parents and/or feminists themselves)–for your parenting experience/journey? Who are these people, for you?
- Why do you need them? Or, how does their presence in your life help you & yours? Or, how do you lean on them?
- Do you lack allies? If so, what has that experience been like for you? What might help?
- By commenting on this post, you are giving me permission to quote what you say here in my book. Please indicate the age(s) of your child or children, as well as whether you’d like to be identified by full name, first name only, or a pseudonym of your choice if I end up using your words.
- Feel free to email your responses instead of commenting here, if you prefer: molly at firsttheegg dot com.
answer any question (or questions) that strikes your fancy, in any way,
at any length. Anything relevant to these topics is welcome, even if
what you have to say is not really related to the questions. I’m so grateful for any thoughts you offer!