… is the Café Flora portabella French dip, especially when created on one of Eric’s homemade hoagie rolls. Some notes from my experiences:
- Using broth made from high-quality mushroom bouillon streamlines the process a bit. I’ve done it both ways and was happy each time.
- It doesn’t need the cheese (I actually thought there wasn’t any in the recipe … oops … and without the cheese it doesn’t need that 10 minutes in the oven).
- The caramelized onions (I cook them quite a bit longer than the recipe suggests) and the seasoned butter make this thing sing. Seriously, I feel all blissful and weak just thinking about it. I may have a problem.
- It’s way more delicious than that photograph suggests. Words cannot describe.
- And finally: in view of the fact that Noah won’t even eat this particular food item, including it on my birth/parenting/feminism blog is such a stretch that I feel the need to acknowledge its stretchiness. Hey, look, a sandwich!